Friday, March 9, 2007

A Prayerful Plea

I'm deeply troubled by what I've been seeing recently. So many men who are turning away from sound doctrine, believing what their emotion tells them, rather than the Word of God. They are compromising the Scripture, and as a result are compromising what Jesus has done. Many are even finding verses here and there to support their beliefs, but are not looking at the context of the Scriptures, and as a result are misinterpreting what is being said. It is not my intention to turn this blog into a place to debate theology, or lack thereof, but today I knew I needed to make a post about this. I offer these thoughts as a warning to all who will read this post. Men who were once sound in their doctrine are turning the way of the emergent church. They view Jesus as a Savior, rather than the Savior. Jesus said in John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Jesus did not represent Himself as one of the ways, one way to truth, or a way to life. He is the way, the truth, and the life. They are also giving a back seat to the Bible, placing more emphasis on life experiences and sensory feelings. I regret to say that some of these are men that I have sat under the teaching of, received instruction from, and been exhorted to stick to the Word of God by. 1 Tim. 2:1-2 reads, "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence." I encourage you to take some time today and pray for your pastor, your teacher, your president. I also ask that you pray for these men who have gone astray in their beliefs, and who have been deceived by Satan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben I have read thru all your postings and they are so uplifting and interesting. I found out lots of things I didn't know about you kids..
The Lord certainly is leading your lives daily as you wait upon Him..
Oh to be young again --so many regrets but I Thank the Lord daily for all He does for me.I am so unworthy. Thanks Ben, I Love You...